Director Government Affairs Emea Ledige Stillinger på Fmc Hørsholm
Fmc Hørsholm presserende behov efter position for Director Government Affairs Emea. Læs denne jobannonce grundigt før ansøger om jobbet. Der er nogle kvalifikationer, erfaringer og kvalifikationsbehov, at arbejdsgiverne kræver. Er din karriere historie passer disse krav? Sørg for at du forstår den rolle, du søger, og at det er egnet til dine evner og kvalifikationer.
Følg online retninger, udfylde alle de nødvendige felter, og alle relevante oplysninger til din ansøgning, så den vil fremlægge korrekt. Når du klikker på 'Apply this Job' knap (åben i nyt vindue), vil du blive taget til online ansøgningsskema. Her vil du blive bedt om at give personlige og kontaktoplysninger, svare på beskæftigelsesrelaterede spørgsmål, og vise, hvordan du opfylder de vigtigste udvælgelseskriterier.
Director Government Affairs Emea Ledige Stillinger på Fmc Hørsholm Detaljer Job:
Director, Government Affairs EMEA
As FMC’s lead government affairs executive in Europe, the Director will be responsible for developing a focused strategy that recognizes the challenges and opportunities for FMC products in the region. The position will work in concert with the regional commercial and regulatory teams to support and guide external affairs strategies. Objectives will be established based on how FMC can shape the range of possible outcomes given the current and future political and regulatory landscape, as well as market conditions. The position will be afforded sufficient resources to secure the necessary advocacy required to accomplish policy, regulatory and marketing objectives.
The Director will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark, and will report to the Vice President, Government Affairs, who is based in Washington, DC. However, as a member of FMC leadership in Europe, the Director will be required to work closely with the Vice President of EMEA and other members of the regional team to understand the commercial and business priorities of the company. Building successful relationships with key members of the EMEA business will be paramount to the success of this role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Internal Business Strategy : Responsible for developing focused government and external affairs objectives for the company for the European Union (EU). Objectives should be prioritized based upon the relative size of the market opportunity, capability to influence a favorable outcome, and the time and resources required to accomplish the identified goal. Objectives should also be developed in concert with the commercial and regulatory managers with short and long-term strategies that incorporate FMC's strategic vision.
- Internal Information Flow : Ensure that all country managers, EU regional managers and the Vice President of Government Affairs have timely information regarding latest policy and regulatory developments that affect their products. This will require development of a systematic information gathering and dissemination capability so that managers are aware of current regulatory developments and emerging government marketing opportunities. Additionally, the Director should work to anticipate future directions that might support market growth or lead to adaptations in applications.
- External Government Liaison : Working with the corporate Government Affairs global team, build on the established network of FMC domestic and international government policy and regulatory contacts, targeting those governmental entities with the greatest potential to impact decisions at all levels domestically and internationally. Responsible for informing and educating key regulators regarding the importance of FMC products and achieving their backing to support our markets, expedite permits, and clear policy and regulatory impediments to our products.
- NGO Outreach and Enlistment : Create a strong network of NGO allies in support of our products and our potential to secure and bolster a safe, secure and abundant food supply chain. Particular focus should be given to key trade associations, like CropLife and ECPA, as well as other business groups and industry associations. The Director should be a strong advocate for identified corporate external affairs priorities, country goals and other company priorities. Utilize these alliances in developing coalitions in support of changes to regulation, support for FMC engagement with particular sites/customers, and in validating FMC products for demonstration and deployment.
- Creating a Solid Advocacy Network - Internal and External Resources: Develop a strong advocacy network by understanding those locations where it makes most sense to outsource advocacy. Create accountability mechanisms and incentives for contractors who assist with specific projects and make certain they are targeted on those areas with greatest potential for return. Leverage FMC capabilities by choosing contractors who have significant reach within given venues (provincial, municipal, federal) and act ethically and in compliance with all regulations governing advocacy and external outreach.
- Government-Business Interface : As an integral part of the management team, the Director must be able to assist business leaders in understanding both the potential influence governments can have on current and future business success and the limitation in compelling governments to respond to business' needs and goals. NGO's and large competitors are often influencing and driving the market thought processes as well as developing trade groups' issue positions and actions. The Director will need to align those countries, agencies, resources and technologies so FMC has the highest probability of success. Targets of opportunity must be realistically assessed to invest resources wisely in cultivating those regulators most critical to short and long-term business outcomes.
This position will demand a thorough understanding of the role and impact government plays in the development, delivery and stewardship of agriculture products. The Director must be able to identify and utilize available government affairs, NGO, industry trade associations and customer influence to effectuate the desired outcomes for the FMC’s product lines and sustainability goals.
The Director must be able to assist in the assessment of key domestic and international policy and regulations. Therefore, the ability to handle a diverse portfolio of issues and successfully identify opportunities to meet objectives will be essential. The Director will need to utilize both internal and external resources to magnify outreach to key government officials in priority markets.
The Director will need to work closely with Vice President, Government Affairs to ascertain those strategies that may conflict with existing FMC positions, or with the interests of affiliated business and industry groups.
The ideal candidate will approximately 15 years of relevant experience in a similar corporate or association government affairs role or in a government position.
The Director should have strong track record of ability and experience in the following areas:
- Expertise in the policy and regulatory process in the EU and the ability to ascertain those developments and areas of opportunity most critical to the business' success. An understanding of and experience with international markets and developments is essential.
- Critical capability to grasp complicated technology and regulatory concepts and translate them concisely and in well understood terms. Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be persuasive and an effective advocate who can translate across different venues and environments.
- Appreciation for business goals and priorities and the ability to play a major role in helping shape strategies and division priorities.
- Breadth to understand the many potential influencers, advocates, impediments, and resources that occupy the complex governmental and commercial space that impact the business.
A graduate degree is required, and an advanced degree in a relevant field is preferred.
This recruitment will be handled by and external executive search company. Please apply as soon as possible, since we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.