Festival Programmer For Viborg Animation Ledige Stillinger på Via University College
Via University College presserende behov efter position for Festival Programmer For Viborg Animation. Læs denne jobannonce grundigt før ansøger om jobbet. Der er nogle kvalifikationer, erfaringer og kvalifikationsbehov, at arbejdsgiverne kræver. Er din karriere historie passer disse krav? Sørg for at du forstår den rolle, du søger, og at det er egnet til dine evner og kvalifikationer.
Følg online retninger, udfylde alle de nødvendige felter, og alle relevante oplysninger til din ansøgning, så den vil fremlægge korrekt. Når du klikker på 'Apply this Job' knap (åben i nyt vindue), vil du blive taget til online ansøgningsskema. Her vil du blive bedt om at give personlige og kontaktoplysninger, svare på beskæftigelsesrelaterede spørgsmål, og vise, hvordan du opfylder de vigtigste udvælgelseskriterier.
Festival Programmer For Viborg Animation Ledige Stillinger på Via University College Detaljer Job:
Festival Programmer for Viborg Animation Festival, The Animation Workshop/VIA University College
The Animation Workshop (TAW) is looking for a Festival Programmer for the Viborg Animation Festival (VAF), a project position in the Center for Animation, Visualization and Graphic Storytelling.
As a cultural organization and a center for education, arts, and development, TAW has created a strong international and creative environment for students, artists, companies, and entrepreneurs in the areas of animation, comics, video, and new media. TAW is part of VIA University College and organized under the main area of VIA School of Business, Technology and Creative Industries.
Read more about TAW at www.animwork.dk and VIA University College at www.via.dk
VAF is an animation festival for the whole of Denmark, serving as an important window for the public into ongoing work at the Center for Animation, Visualization, and Graphic Storytelling at TAW.
Growing year after year, VAF has serious ambitions to become an internationally recognized and significant animation festival emphasizing its role as a cultural intermediary in Western Denmark. In addition to being an animation festival, VAF also organizes a number of related conferences and events aimed at different audiences that take part simultaneously.
Read more at www.animationsfestival.dk
As Festival Programmer for the Viborg Animation Festival, your most important task, in collaboration with the festival management, will be to assemble a festival program that addresses a wide-ranging audience including nerds, tastemakers, professionals – and the general public.
You will be responsible for the planning of the film programs screened in the local cinemas as well as arranging the Student Film Competition with accompanying events. You will also participate in the curation and planning of the festival's exhibitions and other events, such as lectures and workshops at libraries and other public venues.
As the festival program is created in synergy with other VAF events, you are expected to be a good collaborator, who can quickly establish contact with festival project managers and work with an overview of the festival's other content. As Festival Programmer, you will also engage in fundraising, budgeting, and project planning, as well as the delivery of content for written communication materials and external engagement through social media campaigns in collaboration with the management and festival secretariat.
• Creating film programs, including booking of films and planning of screenings
• Scheduling of exhibitions related to the festival, including drawing up agreements with artists, curators and film studios, and the securement of original works and executing plans for their exhibition
• Planning and coordination of the Student Film Festival and related events
• Fundraising with a special focus on private funding opportunities
• Budgeting and follow-up in collaboration with festival coordinator and festival management
• Follow-up on project plan for film programs and exhibitions
• Delivery of content to the festival's communication team - Printed materials, web content and social media campaigns - in collaboration with The Animation Workshops PR staff and primary partners
• A challenging position in a dynamic, inclusive, and creative environment
• An exciting international workplace with varied and interesting partners
• A broad interface with Danish and international colleagues, artists, and students
• A position where you help to support animation and graphic narrative - driving culture, education, and business development
• You have relevant educational background
• You have experience in coordinating festival programs, preferably in film, exhibitions, or other cultural events
• You have good social skills and are used to working with interdisciplinary projects and teams
• You are fluent in English both written and spoken, as most of the communication with colleagues, partners and students will be conducted in English
In addition, we emphasize that you:
• Are robust and able to keep an overview when things get tough
• Have excellent collaborative skills and are responsive and adaptable, as you will be part of both small and large teams
• Are independent, entrepreneurial, and capable of managing freedom with responsibility
• Are flexible and have a proactive approach to problem solving in order to create great solutions at the highest quality
• Have a structured working method and a well-developed ability to handle many simultaneous tasks
• Are familiar with the animation industry
Salary and employment:
This is a project position entailing 30 hours per week for the period 01.03.2018-31.12.2021.
The workplace is The Animation Workshop / VIA University College, Kasernevej 5, 8800 Viborg, Denmark.
Salary and employment are determined in accordance with applicable arrangements and agreements, incl. pension contributions.
The position has a start date of 01.03.2018 or soon thereafter.
For more information about the position, please contact Festival Manager and Center Director Morten Thorning (mail: email@example.com / tel: 8755 4903) or Project Portfolio Manager Jane Lyngbye Hvid Jensen (mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / tel: 87554904)
Are you interested?
Submit an application and CV in English with other relevant documents via the link below by 26th of January 2018. We expect to hold interviews during week 5.
VIA invites all interested persons regardless of personal background seeking the position to apply.
Follow this link to read more about VIA UC’s handling of your personal data